Saturday, January 11, 2014


About me: I am currently a Senior at the University of Central Florida; I am a History major and a Social Science Education minor.  I have always been interested in history and the mysteries it holds, as people have shaped our everyday lives through their seemingly unimportant actions (or through ones they hoped would change the world).  I love to juggle, unicycle, stilt walk, and fire breath; I can also make over 150 different balloon animals and have worked in movie theaters and restaurants all over Central Florida.  After graduation, I plan to move to New York with my girlfriend in hopes to find museum work up there (while she looks for a job in fashion or theater).  We both love the constant hustle and bustle and cannot wait to see what the Big Apple has in store for us.

This blog is about my experiences as an intern at the Public History Center in Sanford, FL in partnership with the University of Central Florida's History Department.  While at the museum I am expected to learn the various exhibits, conduct presentations, archival techniques, and create a deliverable for the end of the semester.  This deliverable is to be a teaching aid for local schools and is known as a "Teaching Trunk."  These trunks are filled with lesson plans, supplemental reading, and activities for teachers to use in their classrooms on specific lessons.  The first lesson I will be creating will be for the Civil War Unit of a 4th Grade class.

No comments:

Post a Comment